The Italy – America Chamber of Commerce Southeast (IACCSE) is able to offer the assistance to US companies interested in sponsoring the J-1 Visa to young Italian interns or trainees through the partnership with a technical partner who possesses specific expertise.
The J-1 Visa Program provides opportunities to young graduates and professionals to gain international experience while training for U.S. Companies, giving them a competitive edge and increasing their future career potential.
This effort is possible thanks to the collaboration with a technical partner with 40 years experience on the field and is part of the U.S. Department of State’s Exchange Visitor Program which promotes educational and cultural exchange in order to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and other countries.
In order to qualify for the program, a prospective intern must be:
- an Italian national who is currently enrolled in a post-secondary institution OR has received the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree within the last 12 months from the start date of their internship
- at least 18 years of age
- in possession of an internship offer from a qualified host company in one of the following fields: Management; Business, Commerce and Finance, Public Administration, and Law.
In order to qualify for the program, a prospective trainee must be:
- in possession of the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor’s degree and have accumulated at least one (1) year of employment experience in the proposed field of training.
- at least 18 years of age.
- in possession of a training offer from a qualified host company in one of the following fields: Management; Business, Commerce and Finance; Public Administration and Law
Full Placement: (The agency handles candidate selection)
6-12 Months $ 3800
13-18 Months $ 4200
Self-Placement: (The agency only handles candidate documentation for candidates previously selected by the sponsor company).
6-12 Months $ 3300
13-18 Months $ 3700 (not valid for the hospitality sector)
* Fees will cover also, for entire duration of program and 30-day grace period at end of program, accident and sickness insurance.
Additional Program-Related fees:
- SEVIS Fee: $180/250 (fee of the Department of Homeland Security, due with application )
- On-site visit at the sponsor company’s location ((employers with fewer than 25 employees or less than $3 million in revenue): $200
- Embassy/Consulate Fee: $160 (paid to the Embassy/Consulate)
- These fees are subject to change according to U.S. government specifications.
- Assistance for creating the candidate’s training plan (optional): $200
The host company providing training:
- must have a minimum of 5 full-time employees.
- must be or become a member of the Chamber of Commerce Southeast
For companies not currently members of the IACCSE these are the fees to join the Chamber:
IACCSE Membership Fee 1 Year (for 12 Months J1 VISA) $ 500
IACCSE Membership Fee 2 Years (for 18 Months J1 VISA) $ 1,000
For more information, download here the following documentation:
For information and applications, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the company’s details (website, address, number of full time employees) and the candidate’s resume.
The IACCSE technical partner will review the applications to ensure that they meet the criteria established by the Department of State for this type of visa.
Please note that our service is directed to companies only. Requests from single individuals, without a US sponsor (employer), can not be taken into account.