On September 14th, the Italy-America Chamber of Commerce Southeast presented the event “Italian Grapes in Miami”, that took place at the Miami Culinary Institute.
The initiative, organized both in-person and online, gave the audience an overview of the many different aspects that revolve around the wine industry with a particular focus on the presentation of 11 Italian wine labels ready for the Florida market.
Selected wine experts of the hospitality industry were invited at the Miami Culinary Institute for the executive tasting and in-person meetings, while wine lovers could attend the live broadcast online.
“Italian Grapes in Miami” was really an innovative B2B event format focused on a specific target of wine directors from some of the top hospitality groups in Miami. The IACCSE put this event together under “The Extraordinary Italian Taste” campaign promoted by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Assocamerestero.
Wine is in Italy’s top 5 of goods exported to Florida. Therefore, the Italy-America Chamber of Commerce is very much involved in giving its contribution with the organization of B2B events that can facilitate the connection between winemakers, importers and wine purchasers from local restaurants and hotels.
The event took place as following:
3:00 – 3:45pm ROUNDTABLE (livestreamed)
A panel of influential wine experts from hospitality groups and cruise industry discussed about current and upcoming trends in the wine market and consumers’ demand in South Florida.
The influential wine experts were representatives from top hospitality groups in Miami:
- Adam Cass, Lead Sommelier at Hakkasan – Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- Dave Gerardu, Director of Wine at 50 Eggs Hospitality Group
- Filippo Visconti Di Modrone, Purchasing Director at Casa Tua Cucina
- Jen Schmitt, Sommelier Consultant at Meta Somm Solutions and Consulting Wine Director at Zuma
- Jim Carroll, Wine Expert and Director of Operations at Miami Culinary Institute
- Juan Bernardo Kferman, Buyer Food, Beverage & Supplies at Club Med
- Juan Carlos Horta, Advanced Sommelier at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Juan Carlos Santana, Beverage Director at L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon – The Bastion Collection
- Lucas Scudeler, General Manager at Lure Fishbar – Loews Hotels
- Oscar Amaya, Beverage Director at The Rusty Pelican Miami
- Tommaso Morelato, Founder & CEO at Toscana Divino
The panel was moderated by the James Beard Award-winning wine and food writer, WSET Certified Educator, Lyn Farmer.
3:45 – 4:45pm WINE PRESENTATION & EXECUTIVE TASTING (livestreamed)
Wine representatives will present 10 Italian wine labels, ready for the Florida market, to the panel of wine experts. During each presentation, wine will be served to the wine experts for a real time executive tasting.
- Peninsola Spumante Brut
- Prosecco Zero
- Valdo “Cuvée 1926” Valdobbiadene Prosecco Superiore Docg
- Valdo Marca Oro Prosecco Doc Rosé Brut, 2019
- Casa Farive Cuvee Brut
- Famiglia Staiti Prosecco Doc
- Cipresso Pigreco Super Tuscan, 2018
- Greppone Mazzi Brunello di Montalcino Docg, 2015
- Riserva Ducale Oro Chianti Classico Gran Selezione Docg, 2016
- Alauda Toscana Igt, 2016
- Spiaggia Spritz – Aperitivo Italiano – Ready to drink
4:45 – 5:00pm “MARCHIO OSPITALITA’ ITALIANA” CEREMONY (livestreamed)
IACCSE presented the 2021 renewal certificate of the “Marchio Ospitalità Italiana – Italian Quality Seal” to local restaurants serving genuine Italian cuisine in Florida. The renewal certificate identifies and endorses those restaurants that truly promote authentic Italian culinary traditions and products abroad.
During the event, the following restaurants received the “Marchio Ospitalità Italiana – Italian Quality Seal” renewal certificate:
- Casa Tua Cucina (www.casatuacucina.com)
- O’ Munaciello (www.munaciello-miami.com)
- Salumeria 104 (www.salumeria104.com)
- Sardinia Ristorante (www.sardinia-ristorante.com)
- Toscana Divino (www.toscanadivino.com)
- Vero Italian (www.veroitalian.com)
- Via Verdi Cucina Italiana (www.viaverdimiami.com)
- Zucca (www.zuccamiami.com)
Selected gourmet markets also received a Certificate of Appreciation as ambassadors of authentic Italian products:
- Mercato Miami (www.mercatomiami.com)
- Origini Italian Market (www.originimarket.com)
- Prima Classe Italian Market (www.prima-classe.com)
5:00 – 6:00pm WALK-AROUND TASTING & NETWORKING COCKTAIL
The event opened its doors to selected restaurateurs, representatives of wineries, gourmet stores and catering companies invited to taste 30+ wine labels ready for the Florida market.
Watch here the full Zoom recording of the event
Download here the technical sheets of the signature wines presented.
Download here the list of restaurants and gourmet stores where you can buy the wines for the real time tasting.
Thank you to our partners
An event brought to you by