The Italy-America Chamber of Commerce Southeast is very much involved in promoting the Italian food, beverage and hospitality industry.
This industry represents a significant portion of the Italian exports in the USA as well as an important source of Italian direct investments in major cities throughout North America.
Miami is a fulgid example of how Italian entrepreneurship and investments have shaped the restaurant scene in several neighborhoods.
We support this industry with many projects and services including:
- J1 Visa for young Italian chefs to train and work in the U.S. for 1 year
- buyers’ delegations to Italy to meet with local producers
- Invited journalists and bloggers to travel to Italy to discover and promote Italian genuine products and culinary excellences
- Organization of business events in USA for Italian companies and importers of Italian products
- Italian Quality Seal: an official recognition presented only to those restaurants that meet specific criteria of authenticity and respect of the Italian culinary tradition. The “Marchio Ospitalità Italiana – Ristoranti Italiani nel Mondo” is conferred through a certification process fulfilled by the IACCSE
- Signature Events: valuable networking platforms and exposure opportunity for Made in Italy products, restaurants, importers, distributors and their counterparts.
- The Italian Culinary Tour – Journalists and food bloggers are invited to experience a path of taste in which a 4 course menu is served in 4 different restaurants. The event aims to promote the authentic Italian restaurants in Miami, as well as genuine Italian products. Follow the Italian taste!
Watch here the video of the last edition:
- Food Design Contest – A unique event that combines in one night the culinary creations of great chefs with a showroom tour in the Miami Design District. Selected local Italian chefs assigned to distinct furniture showrooms compete for the winning title based on creativity, taste and food plating. Journalists, bloggers and interior designers vote for the best culinary creation.
Watch here the video of the 2019 edition:
- The Authentic Italian Table – High-end food and wine festival showcasing the best Italian products and restaurants in Miami. The event consists of a B2B Session for professionals part of the F&B industry only, and a Grand Tasting open to the general public. Business meetings, Food & Wine Contests, Gourmet Experiences and entertainment are the ingredients of this incredible event recipe.
Watch here the event video:
Masterclass – Hospitality industrial professionals are invited to engage with Italian chefs showcasing ther signature dishes using hight-quality DOP (Protected Designation of Origin) and IGP (Indication of Geographic Protection) labeled products.
Watch here the event video:
- E-masterclass Series – Each e-masterclass hosts a different celebrity Chef that – virtually connected from his/her kitchen – guides the audience through a path of taste revealing the traditions and the culture behind the recipes. A selected number of participants (local media, food bloggers and industry leaders) – invited to interact and cook in real time with the Chef – receive a home-delivery gift bag containing the ingredients needed to prepare the dishes.
The protagonist of the first episode “Back to the Roots – rediscovering Italian traditional cuisine with a vegetarian twist” was Michelin-starred Chef and TV personality Cristiano Tomei (find the event details here).